Astigmatism occurs when either the front surface of your eye (cornea) or the lens, inside your eye, has mismatched curves. Instead of having one curve like a round ball, the surface is egg shaped. This causes blurred vision at all distances.
What causes Astigmatism?
- An eye injury.
- Scarring on the cornea .
- Near-sightedness (myopia).
- Accidents that don’t directly involve the eyes, such as car accidents or impacts that cause whiplash, can also trigger astigmatism in some patients.
- Keratoconus, a disease that causes a gradual thinning of the cornea.
What are the Signs and symptoms of astigmatism?
- Blurred or distorted vision
- Eyestrain or discomfort
- Difficulty with night vision
Which essential oil for this?
Which Supplements Helps?
- Lutein – Type of carotenoid antioxidant that is most well-known for protecting eye health.
- Astaxanthin – Reduce oxidative stress, inflammation and enhance the immune system. Improve vision and Reduce risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin C, Preferably Ester-C (Helps increase our blood’s white count by strengthening our neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, and macrophages; and generally boosts the immune system against viruses, bacteria, yeast, mold, and other unwanted fungus.)