The prostate, a gland in the male reproductive system, is located just below the bladder, between the rectum and the base of the penis. Because the prostate wraps around part of the urethra, where urine passes through, an enlarged prostate may cause issues with urination.
An enlarged prostate affects one in five men between the ages of 50 and 60, and it’s even more common in older men.
What causes Prostate Problems?
- The changes that occur with male sex hormones as part of the aging process appear to play a role in the enlargement of the prostate.
- As men age and testosterone levels drop, the proportion of estrogen increases and may trigger prostate growth.
What are the Symptoms?
- frequent urination, especially at night
- difficulty postponing urination
- it taking longer for urine to start flowing (despite the urgency to urinate)
- straining when urinating
- weaker urine flow and taking longer to finish urinating
- dripping and leaking after urination
- feeling like the bladder is not empty after urinating
Which food grade or therapeutic grade essential oil for this?
Which Supplements Helps?
- Prostate health – by Young Living
- Saw Palmetto Extract – Research shows that saw palmetto helps improve urinary dysfunction and an overactive bladder in patients with BPH.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil – Reduce symptoms of an enlarged prostate within three months.