An ear infection (acute otitis media) is most often a bacterial or viral infection that affects the middle ear, the air-filled space behind the eardrum that contains the tiny vibrating bones of the ear. Children are more likely than adults to get ear infections.
Ear infections can be happen to adults or children, today we would like to talk how to use all-natural in that treatment and support the body in healing.
What causes Ear Infection?
There are two general causes of ear infections. The first cause is when water gets trapped in the ear canal due to the build-up of wax. This causes bacteria to grow and causing infection.
The second cause is a middle ear infection generally related to an allergy or upper respiratory infection and is caused by fluid build-up in the ear.
Which essential oil for this?
Many healing plants have anti-inflammatory and anti-viral compounds, If you have this symptom, use a few drops of Melaleuca (tea tree) and/or Eucalyptus Blue / Radiata oil, you can mix it with a little coconut oil as well, and rub it all over the ear and all around the ear area, rather than inside the ear.
What Foods to Avoid?
- Potential food allergens: Some common allergens include conventional dairy, gluten, shrimp and peanuts.
- Conventional dairy: Pasteurized cows dairy products can be mucus-producing and worsen infection.
- Sugar: Reduces immune functioning.
- Processed foods: These foods may contain added chemicals and dyes that young children can be sensitive to.
Which Supplements Helps?
- Vitamin C, Preferably Ester-C (Helps increase our blood’s white count by strengthening our neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, and macrophages; and generally boosts the immune system against viruses, bacteria, yeast, mold, and other unwanted fungus.)
- Zinc (Increases Immunity and Fights Colds.)
- Vitamin D3 (Support the health of the immune system, brain and nervous system.)