Dandruff is a common chronic scalp condition marked by flaking of the skin on your scalp. Dandruff isn’t contagious or serious. But it can be embarrassing and sometimes difficult to treat.
What causes Dandruff?
- Dry skin.
- Oily skin (seborrheic dermatitis).
- Skin conditions such as Ezcema.
- Yeast-like fungus (malassezia).
- Hair care products.
What are the Symptoms of Dandruff?
For most teens and adults, dandruff symptoms are easy to spot: white, oily-looking flakes of dead skin that dot your hair and shoulders, and a possibly itchy, scaly scalp.
What to Avoid?
Many commercial shampoos contain chemicals that are harmful, and dandruff shampoos are even worse. And within shampoos and hair products, make sure you avoid parabens, sodium laureth or lauryl sulfate.
Which food grade or therapeutic grade essential oil for this?
Which Supplements Helps?
- Probiotics – help boost your overall health providing beneficial bacteria for your gut.
- Water- drink plenty of water daily to help your overall health as well as the dryness of your skin and scalp.
- Reduced Stress – Skin irritations are often caused by depression, anxiety and stress.